Have your work in the show!
You are invited to submit an artwork to the matchbox show collection. There are a few basic guidelines but all that's really needed is your creativity! Please read the terms of inclusion below before submitting your piece.
Entry is as simple as...
Download and print the ENTRY FORM [PDF 103kb]
Send completed entry form and artwork to:
'The Matchbox Show'
PO Box 129
Eumundi, Qld Australia 4562
Host the Collection...
Exhibit The Matchbox Show collection at your gallery or creative event…! Bookings are always open for the show to travel.
You can have any number of boxes with 100 matchbox works in each, sent to your art gallery, artist group event or business event, for a small administration fee and freight costs. Bookings are subject to approval.
Please contact us for further information.
hit 'like' now & stay up to date - help spread the word!
Like The Matchbox Show on Facebook & stay up to date with exhibitions and events or to involve your local arts community. We're always happy to hear from you with ideas for exhibiting the collection. University and TAFE art students are also encouraged to submit pieces.
TERMS OF INCLUSION IN THE COLLECTION
A prerequisite to entering the show is that the entry is at least50% ceramic and that it fits inside a redhead matchbox (54mm x 35mm x15mm)
• Artwork must fit within in a standard sized Redheads matchbox (45 matches), and the lid must be able to close.
• Artwork must be at least 50% ceramic.
• The outside of the matchbox must remain unaltered, but the inside may be designed as you wish.
• Only one artwork per artist will be accepted.
• No matchbox artwork is made available for sale.
• Copyright of the individual artwork remains property of the artist, butinclusion in the collection indicates consent for your artwork and images of your artwork to be used for promotional purposes at thediscretion of the collection curator (this may include use by exhibiting galleries, media, funding bodies, etc).
• Ownership of the artwork remains with the artist, and the artwork may be withdrawn at any time.
• The curator of the Matchbox Show reserves the right to remove artworks from the collection at any time.
• The curator of the Matchbox Show reserves the right to arrange public exhibitions, showcases, media opportunities and other promotions withoutconsultation with individual contributing artists.
Is it too late to send some Matchbox Art to The Matchbox Show?
A: The Matchbox Show collection is ongoing, and continually evolving and growing. You can create an art work and send it to The Matchbox Show to be added to the collection today. Go to the PARTICIPATE page to find out how, and start creating!
Does the work have to be clay or ceramic?
A: Not entirely - the artwork must be at least 50% ceramic
What size should the work be?
A: It must fit inside a standard Redheads matchbox (45 matches) so that the lid can close. See the TERMS & CONDITIONS on the Participate page for full details.
What do I do with the work once it is done?
A: Download and print the entry form, and send it completed with your amazing artwork to:
The Matchbox Show
PO Box 129
Eumundi QLD 4562 Australia